Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Leaf Stomper

The above freezing bright sunny day that greeted us today led to a full family leaf clean up session in the yard. We have some Bradford Pears that always drop their leaves late. As all of the kids were throwing leaves into the leaf bags, I would come along and lift my foot over the bag and stomp down the leaves.

“Wouldn’t it be great if we had a great big flat rock to do that, Dad?” Buddy asked.

“Who needs a big rock when I’ve got my big foot,” I replied and moved on to collect some more leaves.


When we were done cleaning up, Buddy got a tree saw from the garage and headed into the yard with a stick. I didn’t think much of it as I headed inside. About ten minutes later, Buddy showed up in my office with his invention – The Leaf Stomper. I was pretty thrilled with the sturdy practical device constructed from a stick and piece of scrap wood.

I had Buddy throw it in the back of my truck so I could use it later that day when I went to a rental to do some more leaf cleaning. The leaf stomper worked great.

I am sure looking forward to next time we do leaves as a family because I won’t have to go around and stomp the leaves down. This job can now be done by a kid with the Leaf Stomper.

2 comments:

Tammy (Mom to this crazy bunch) said...

Awesome invention! What a smart young man.

Diane said...

Is he eligible for the Invention Convention? That is rather unique and ingenious.