Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Calm after the Storm

I took the following photos a few evening back when CrazyMom was out for the night with her friends. These photos of the kids reading in their beds convey a peaceful family moment. It is hard to believe that 15 minutes earlier things were so bad that some kids were banished from the family. So it goes in our family -- category 5 winds pass through our house strewing the floor with toys and putting some people -- like me -- on edge. But after the winds die down and the carnage is cleaned up, there is a sense of peace as the kids snuggle in for the night. And that peaceful family moment is sweet enough to temper the hurricane-like memories from moments ago, enabling one to actually look forward to the next day.






6 comments:

Diane said...

By the looks of FG, she might be on a whole new reading level.

CrazyD said...

Ah, yes, I forgot to mention that F.G. is actually reading her book correctly and not upside down. It is one of those crazy books that has two books in one, but each book is bound the opposite side up from the other!

Tonia said...

Such awesome pictures, and such a sweet bedtime routine for all the kids. :)

Anonymous said...

Very sweet. I noticed the old "Oz" book--I have about 10 of them that came from my Dad when he was little in the 30's. Symona

Becky said...

Thanks for your photography help on my blog! I love this entry...the kids look so peaceful:)
Becky

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I have a few kids that have been banished several times in one week, but always manage to say something very sweet to each other or to mom and dad and they are back in.
Shannon