Saturday, January 27, 2007

Feeling the Support of Fellow Coworkers

I received notice the other day of another meeting that I had to attend during a pretty busy week. Much to my surprise, when I arrived I discovered the "meeting" was just a cover for a surprise adoption shower. I had no clue. As I looked back on the last few days and the interactions I had with others about the "meeting", I realized how they had all played me so well.


I was also surprised at how much it meant to me. The show of support by my fellow coworkers taking time out of the end of their day, bringing food and gift cards, and offering words of encouragement was really meaningful to me. My wife and I have been advocating for adoption for about a year. In addition to advocating, at various times we also have been defending our decision to bring additional children from Ethiopia into our home. It was so refreshing to stand in the midst of people I respect and feel supported by them. I can't thank them enough.

No comments: