"Vegetables?" Mom queried. "What else?"
I, in my disconnected state took this to mean that I needed some vegetables in my lunch.
"It's vegetable soup," I replied. "It has vegetables."
Mom proceeded to stare at me in the way that informs me that it is time for me to engage my brain. I busted up laughing. What I held in my hands was not a can of vegetable soup, as I had presumed, but a can of mixed vegetables. What a riot.
(Editor's Note: Please welcome Miss Bookworm as a new author on this blog!)
2 comments:
So glad you are eating your vegetables. Nice post Miss Bookworm. Look forward to hearing more from you.
I've heard that recently Mom has also made some mistakes in the kitchen - it's a sign that something is getting done. Thanks for pushing yourself a little to write this. Good Job. GD
Post a Comment