On Friday morning CrazyMom was driving me to the doctor to have a medical procedure done that involved me getting knocked out for a short period of time. As we were cruising down the interstate, CrazyMom started to explain to me how she started a fund to save up for a high-capacity washer and dryer. I did a little calculation in my head and figured it would take her about a decade to save up enough money, which was great since in a decade half of our kids would be out of the house and we would no longer need them.
Late Friday afternoon I got a call on my cell from my doctor to see how I was doing. I told him that I was recuperating just fine, leaving out the fact that I was standing at a counter in an appliance store purchasing a high-capacity washer and dryer rather than resting at home.
On the way home from the store I was feeling surprisingly happy despite the amount of money that I had just spent to replace our functioning washer and dryer. Looking over at my beautiful bride I said, “Would you have ever thought this morning that we would have purchased these appliances today?”
CrazyMom smiled back. “No,” she said . . . and then she dropped the bomb . . . “especially since the anesthesiologist said that after going under you should not make any big purchases today.”
So that was it. I was operating at a low capacity which is why we ended up with a high-capacity washer and dryer. That CrazyMom is a crafty lady. At least she did not take full advantage of the situation. It is hard to believe, but I also wanted to get a new refrigerator while we were there. Luckily, CrazyMom talked me out of it.
7 comments:
You go Crazy Mom for getting a front load washer. I too just got one although my machine died and was 20 years old. And I dared my husband to let me go to the laundrymat with working and taking care of 4 kids. Also go girl for getting hubby talked into it. Just make sure you get the warranty. I have heard many times now that they get cranky a lot.. Need to get a warranty myself.
I hope she loves it as much as I love mine!
Mary
Way to go Crazy Mom!
You WILL grow to love your high capacity washer and dryer ... I promise.
I was so excited a couple of years ago when our old hand-me-down pair bit the dust and I got my high capacity. Yeehaw! Yippee! They truly are AMAZING!
We've had our pair for about 4-5 years now ... and they are not one bit "cranky". No problems here.
Enjoy!
mama of 13
You have a least one FRIEND that can always use a new tablesaw. Please advise when the next "procedure" is.
Hey G.B.,
I will be sure to let you know when the next procedure is. I got a feeling buying you a table saw might me cheaper . . .
CrazyD
I can assure you that the term "funtioning" washer and dryer is very vague, Crazy D. I have used your "functioning" pair and all I can say is "What took you so long?" =)
Ha! That is one smart lady. Hope you all love it as much as we love ours. We were shocked at how much it cut our laundry time.
Post a Comment