“Wouldn’t it be great if we had a great big flat rock to do that, Dad?” Buddy asked.
“Who needs a big rock when I’ve got my big foot,” I replied and moved on to collect some more leaves.

When we were done cleaning up, Buddy got a tree saw from the garage and headed into the yard with a stick. I didn’t think much of it as I headed inside. About ten minutes later, Buddy showed up in my office with his invention – The Leaf Stomper. I was pretty thrilled with the sturdy practical device constructed from a stick and piece of scrap wood.
I had Buddy throw it in the back of my truck so I could use it later that day when I went to a rental to do some more leaf cleaning. The leaf stomper worked great.
I am sure looking forward to next time we do leaves as a family because I won’t have to go around and stomp the leaves down. This job can now be done by a kid with the Leaf Stomper.
2 comments:
Awesome invention! What a smart young man.
Is he eligible for the Invention Convention? That is rather unique and ingenious.
Post a Comment