Saturday, December 1, 2012

CrazyMom's Birthday

CrazyMom had a birthday last month (her 29th or something like that).  It had a distinctly Kenyan flair since her gifts from the family were all local products.  For example, I gave her a gourd with a nativity scene in it.  We also took CrayzMom out for dinner . . . at the school cafeteria.  While the “cafo” did not have people walking around playing music with violins, they did have a bunch of my students singing happy birthday to her.  What more could one ask for on their birthday?  I should also note that once the students finished singing, one of them asked me if they could get extra credit for helping to make CrazyMom’s birthday special. 

3 comments:

Kris said...

Awe, so fun...harmony and everything! My beautiful friend on her birthday - so far away. Hope it was wonderful. =)

Deborah said...

I will pray for your family. Our family adopted two children from Ghana, at ages 4 and 5. A 14 year old daughter will soon be home from Ghana. May God richly bless you.

Diane said...

Wonderful choice of present! Now you have a Kenyan Christmas! And I agree with Kris, the harmony was superb!