Saturday, January 7, 2012

Predicted Failure by My Kids


Lots of times I get home from work 15 min or so before a meal and I help myself to whatever is laying around.  It does not matter if it is cookies, chips, or carrots.

“Can I have one, too,” I then hear from a child when I am snitching.

“Nope.  It might spoil your appetite,” is my reply in accordance with CrazyMom’s rule of no snacks before a meal.

“But you are having one,” the child will protest even though they already know what I will say.

“Yeah, but I am dad.”

Even though I have lots of years of proof that snitching before a meal will clearly not spoil my appetite, this is one of those awkward do-as-I-say-and-not-as-I-do type of moments, so I made a New Year’s resolution to stop snitching - sort of.

Clearly my children do not think I will be able to do this because they have seen me standing in the pantry eating potato chips too many times.  As evidence of their prediction of my failure, I submit this photo.  When the chips got laid out today for lunch, I saw this written on one of the bags.


They are right, of course.  In fact, they know that my New Year’s resolution is not to stop snitching, but only to stop snitching in front of them.