Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Otherwise I Would Have to Play by Myself

Anna with one of her friends.
“Anna, you sure make friends easily,” Grandpa was saying as he left an older kid’s soccer game with her. Instead of watching her sibling’s game, Anna had made a new friend and played with that friend the whole time. Grandpa, like most people we know, was amazed at how social Anna is and how she can make a friend (child or adult) wherever she goes.

“Well, I have to be able to make friends,” Anna replied. “Otherwise I would have to play by myself.”

The logic is so simple I am sure she was wondering why Grandpa could not have figured it out for himself.

4 comments:

The dB family said...

Smart girl :o)!

Sad I missed your last giveaway. It too sounds like a great read!

Blessings!
Deborah

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

She would have to play by herself because ... she has so few siblings to play with???

I totally laugh when one of my kids says, "I'm bored." The youngest four are 9, 10, 11, 12 ... I'm sure that at all times they can find at least one other child to play with.


:) :) :)

Brenna said...

What a cutie! And what a wonderful gift ~ making friends!

Anonymous said...

That is like my son P who is 6. He knows people everywhere we go. Out to lunch at Panera he greets and talks with people I have never met as he has met them before with his Dad...he went to Home Depot to do a project and within minutes of finishing he was behind the desk and helping the police officer pass out finger print kits and gun safeties and coloring books.
He went to the science center and made friends with the teacher and began to welcome others as they came in. It is so wonderful to see my son like this. He has severe sp needs and has aggressive physical and verbal outbursts. It is with great joy that I get to see this side of him...and that it does indeed exist:)