Friday, October 21, 2011

Crazy Mom’s Ways

“Look, there’s a rest area in one mile. Anyone have to go to the bathroom?” avid-coffee-drinker CrazyMom asked. CrazyMom, Miss Bookworm, Ed and I were in the car headed to Taylor University for the day for our 20-year reunion.

“No,” came the response from everyone else in the car.

“Are you sure? We won’t be stopping for another hour and a half,” avid-coffee-drinker CrazyMom said.

“I’m fine,” said each of the girls.

“Well, maybe we’ll pull over anyway,” said CrazyMom as she migrated to the right lane to exit at the rest area.

When we have seven children in the car, CrazyMom can hide the fact that we need to stop for a bathroom break because of her since there is always a child that has to go. But when there are just a few of us in the car, it is a different story.

2 comments:

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

Been there, done that. When we head out of town and I have a 24 oz. mocha in hand, I can pretty much guess which rest area we will be stopping at in an hour and a half. When I do pull over, though, I can usually find a kid or two that "needs to go" as well.


:) :) :)

The dB family said...

Lol! I literally can feel your wife's pain :oS.

Blessings!
Deborah