Thursday, February 24, 2011

Women are So Hard to Understand

Pop Quiz: It is almost 10 o'clock at night and CrazyMom says, "I don't have ice cream for K.D.'s birthday party tomorrow. I have to run to the store." Which of the following best describes what is about to happen?

A: CrazyMom will run out to the store and buy ice cream and be back in 10 minutes.
B: CrayzMom will run out to the store and buy 25 bags of groceries and be back in 1.5 hours.

Well, I know the answer is B because CrazyMom just got back from the store and here is what she bought. Actually, she bought more than this, but this is all that I could fit on the counter.


I also wonder what she means when she says, "Why are you taking pictures of the groceries rather then helping me put them away?" While I don't know exactly what it means, I think it has something to do with me being in trouble.

8 comments:

Julie said...

If I had said that I had to run to the store at 10pm, it probably would have been with eyes that said "please run to the store for me, it's 10pm".... and then I would have been frustrated when he didn't catch on that I wanted him to go : )

rbrum said...

sounds like our house :-)

Jody said...

Oh, and in our house the ice cream would've been forgotten ;).

Juli said...

Women marry men thinking that they will change: They don't.

Men marry women thinking that they will never change: They do.

Positive expectations yield negative results.
Negative expectations yield negative results.

Go figure.

CrazyD said...

Julie - I am sure I have not caught some of those hints in the past as well, although I think CrazyMom really wanted to go to the store last night to pick up a few things in addition to the ice cream.

Juli - Funny - although I think that we know that in some ways we all change and in some ways we all stay the same. I can't recall what I was expecting about CrazyMom since it was so many years ago. Maybe that is why there have been positive results!

Brenna said...

Hee hee Love this! Your wonderful CrazyMom did a great job of getting exactly what the family needed, especially if she also remembered the ice cream :)

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

I think I can understand crazy mom better than I can understand you. I have definitely "run to the store for an item or two" ... and come home with many more. But, my husband has never taken pictures of the groceries.

:) :) :)

Deborah said...

This is the first time I've visited your blog, and it feels like we're friends. I do the same thing:)