Monday, November 29, 2010

Mixed Up About Mixed Vegetables

"Hey Mom, can I eat this for lunch today? I was standing in the kitchen, holding what appeared to me to be a can of vegetable soup.

"Vegetables?" Mom queried. "What else?"

I, in my disconnected state took this to mean that I needed some vegetables in my lunch.

"It's vegetable soup," I replied. "It has vegetables."

Mom proceeded to stare at me in the way that informs me that it is time for me to engage my brain. I busted up laughing. What I held in my hands was not a can of vegetable soup, as I had presumed, but a can of mixed vegetables. What a riot.

(Editor's Note: Please welcome Miss Bookworm as a new author on this blog!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are eating your vegetables. Nice post Miss Bookworm. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Anonymous said...

I've heard that recently Mom has also made some mistakes in the kitchen - it's a sign that something is getting done. Thanks for pushing yourself a little to write this. Good Job. GD