Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Big News. Really Big News.

No, we are not adopting.

It is always good to state that right up front and even though I do, I suspect I will still be congratulated sometime soon about our upcoming adoption.

This time it is news of a different nature. No sense in beating around the bush – CrazyMom and I have joined a mission agency (Africa Inland Mission) and, Lord willing, our family will move to Africa next summer.

Now some of you are probably thinking that you always suspected something like this. After all, we are crazy. Others are probably shocked because you never really believed we were crazy. Now you know better.

But, in fact, while it is a bit scary for us, it does not seem crazy at all. It simply seems like the next step that the Lord is asking us to take.

Now you may have a few questions about all of this –Why Africa? What will you be doing there? Have you been consuming illegal substances? Some of these answers can be found at our website here and others I will try to answer over the next few days as I post here.

14 comments:

Jackie Russell said...

Congratulations! This is exciting news.

natali said...

oh wow! i'm soooo happy for you guys! i happen to be moving to Africa next year as well, only a little earlier - in January 2011. i'll be praying for you guys and your family! i wish you guys the best!!

Melinda said...

Congrats to your family! That is awesome news! I will be praying Gods blessings over your family as you gear up for the big move. So exciting!

Owlhaven said...

Wow! That is exciting! Wishing you every good thing as you set out on this adventure!

Mary

boltupright said...

That is amazing news! Doesn't seem crazy to me at all. Good luck preparing for your journey!

Andrea H. said...

I am sooooooo rejoycing with you. What an amazing opportunity.

Karen said...

Hi, I'm a closet reader, but I just want to say this is AWESOME news and very exciting and I hope you share with us more about coming to this decision and how God's been working!!

CrazyD said...

Hey Natali - Congrats on your plans to move to Africa! Very exciting.

natali said...

thanks! and YES IT IS! :D

Sara said...

Can't wait to read your adventures!

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

Wow! Can't wait to follow you all on this journey.

:) :) :)

Amy said...

That is awesome and beautiful and so excited for your family! I was wondering if you had time would you be willing to email me? I had a couple of questions. Thank you so much! Amy
blockamy@hotmail.com

Carissa said...

Congratulations! As the Lord brings you to our thoughts, Andrew and I will pray for you as your plan and prepare to move, and then actually make that transition.
Confession: As shocking as the 'move to Africa' news was, I was more audibly shocked by your real names on the new blog! LOL!
You'll always be crazy to us, and honestly - we hope to be as crazy as you guys one day too. ;)

The Wagner Family said...

Very exciting! We have a friend who is in Namibia with AIM - Cindy McClamma. Love her updates. Can't wait to hear more.