Saturday, December 12, 2009

Breakfast Time-Lapse Video

I am obviously on a video kick right now. My place of employment issued me a new MacBook Pro this year and I have been playing around with iMovie, Garage Band, and the like. Here is a time-lapse video of our family having breakfast last Saturday morning.



A special thanks to one of my students, Brad, who tipped me off on how to hack my small Canon Powershot camera so I could program it to automatically take a photo every 5 seconds. This saved me from having to go out and buy an intervalometer.

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Awesome!

But ... I think Mama needs to sit down and enjoy her meal.


mama of many :)

Darcy said...

What a fun project!!Sure shows how busy meals are!!!
Our pancake meals always seem to go the same way. Everyone eats the pancakes so quickly then they want more and the making of more requires getting up from the table! Thanks for sharing:-0

Susanb said...

Cool!!!!

The Rose Family said...

i'm glad we aren't the only ones who forget to pray sometimes during a busy meal. =) I'm very curious about this programing for your camera!? That would be fun to play around with.

CrazyD said...

If you are interested in finding out more about how to program your camera (or use other programs that people have written), then check out:

http://chdk.wikia.com/

This only works of you have one of the many different models of the Canon PowerShot.