Sunday, June 29, 2008

Baby Dedication

Our church had a baby dedication on Father' Day in which CrazyMom and I took part. CrazyMom snapped this photo just before leaving for church.



For some reason the event triggered the more somber side of me. As I would look at Anna standing there wearing her Ethiopian dress in all of her beauty, I found myself also seeing the face of a child I saw in the paper from her area of Ethiopia that was suffering from malnutrition from the famine. I could not stop reflecting on how on the same day that we were dedicating Anna, there were other children from her town that would die. On what should normally have been a joyous day, I found myself saying, "God have mercy on the children of Ethiopia."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do I hear another trip coming?

Michelle Riggs said...

Your daughter is beautiful. I loved seeing her in her dress.

Your posts are always beautifully written. I love that you have a heart for Ethiopia.

I wish that you were blogging for the Red Letter Campaign. We would all benefit from reading your blog.

http://www.redletterscampaign.com/connect/adoption-journals/

Sophie said...

Amen! I just got back from 2 months in Soddo...My heart breaks for these precious kids...