Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Honeymoon

Things were great in Ethiopia with Anna, but as I mentioned in some previous posts, Anna sometimes developed an attitude. Since every picture we posted was of this little sweet smiling child, you probably don’t believe me, but I have proof. Here is a clip of Anna having a fit about taking a nap. Notice the shoulder shrugging and the face twitching, both of which she intends to be disrespectful. (By the way, I LOVE the silent fits. I can put up with them all day long. Hopefully she won’t learn that kicking and screaming is more effective than shrugging and face twitching when trying to raise mom and dad’s blood pressure.)



Since we have been in the states, things have been even better. We are enjoying a full-fledged honeymoon period right now. Anna is one happy girl. I think that her getting sick and having expert loving care from CrazyMom helped as well as seeing us interact with our other kids. She has realized that this is how life is in our house and even if the little princess gets told no sometimes, life is still pretty good. She often had twitching fits when we put her to bed in Ethiopia and the other night she started with a little attitude as well. I took her around to say goodnight to all of the kids and when she saw that they were going to bed too, she got over her attitude.

Each day is still full of fun discoveries. She got to play in the tub last night and had a grand time dumping water on her face. I wanted to let her go as long as she wanted, but I eventually had to pull the plug on her.

5 comments:

Norah said...

Thanks for sharing the videos !

erika's funny farm said...

I have to say that her little "fit" is pretty cute. Thanks for sharing.

Kurt and Kayla said...

I love to her speaking! I've only seen pictures of our 4 yr old son so I haven't been able to imagine the sounds. Can't wait to hear them (even if it is in the form of a "fit")

jody said...

my husband and i just laughed out loud at those videos-thanks for sharing them-too cute!! what a blessing-and thanks for bringing those pictures to life :)

Sherry said...

How funny about the facial twitching! Is that an Ethiopian thing like the raised eyebrows for 'yes'? hehe