Sunday, January 20, 2008

Vignettes II

The last vignettes post contained different scenes involving the kids. Here are a few involving CrazyMom and me.

Secret Pow-Wows

A normal event is that I come home from work and there is all of the hustle and bustle going on with all of the kids. CrazyMom catches my eye with a directional nod indicating that we need to have a secret pow-wow back in the office. We slip away, close the door, and hurriedly discuss the pertinent topic in the two minutes we have before the kids rout us out.

Dates

CrazyMom and I gave Miss Bookworm her first official I-am-in-charge event and we went out for coffee. It took a long time to work through touching base on each child and how they are doing. When we were done with that, we focused on family procedures. After a rousing discussion on the ins and outs of doing laundry, we adopted new procedures for the laundry routine. No date gets any better than that.

The Look

CrazyMom has a lot of different looks that she can give you. Each is rich and full of meaning. My favorite look from her, the one I hope to get on a regular basis from now until the day I die, is the you-are-currently-doing-something-of-which-I-don’t-fully-approve-which-is-funny-and-while-I-am-making-efforts-not-to-laugh-you-should-stop-right-now-because-I-think-this-could-corrupt-the-kids-in-some-way-but-I-know-you-well-enough-to-know-you-are-not-going-to-stop-and-I-love-you-anyway look.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I give my husband that look all the time...:-)

Kris Long said...

Hey, Crazy Mom gives ME that look, too! Come to think of it....YOU give me that look! Didn't think I noticed, huh?